Wednesday, March 21, 2012

002: Farewell to facebook

So it's been a day. I am pretty relieved that the shakes actually don't taste like shit (but they mix way better in skim milk than water). And I already feel like I have a lot more energy. In fact, using a shake for dinner might be a bad idea, since I got a huge burst of energy around 11 at night, and couldn't sleep.

I was so hungry all day. Seriously. I do home care as a second job, and while working with my client, her mother made her and her brothers hamburgers for dinner. Charcoal grilled burgers and fun fries. They smelled so good, it was all I could do to not jump across the table and grab that burger out of that four year-old's little ketchup filled hands.

Now that would have been a new low. Even for me.

But I got through the first day and I figure that will be the hardest part. It's all downhill from here right? Today I should really get back into the gym as well.

Yesterday I also sealed off my facebook for the month. I didn't delete it, since it's so easy to un-delete it, and we all know I probably have really bad willpower (which is probably how I got to be in the state I'm in- I have always sort of had the eating habits of a 13 year-old boy) so if I deleted it, I knew this first month wouldn't last. Instead, I had my friend change the password to something I wouldn't know. There's no way I can access it for this month. Which is an awesome, freeing feeling. I didn't realize how much time I wasted on facebook. How much time we all waste on facebook. Don't get me wrong. I effing love my facebook account. We have a great relationship, facebook and I. I use it to promote my music ( http://www.reverbnation.com/jennywhite ) and to keep in touch with some international friends. But along the way it became a compulsion. I became one of those people who checks it literally every 5 minutes to see who posted a fun picture of a cat, or who really hates monday mornings. I spent so much time watching other people's lives go by, that my own was also sort of running by. I wasn't doing anything.

Of course, I am already going through withdrawls like some sort of strung out heroin addict. I just tried to log in. Twice. Just in case. But overall, I'm actually really excited to be free of facebook for a little while. I made a list of all the awesome things I'm going to be doing while you guys are checking status updates and your latest games of words with friends:

-reading books. I can't tell you the last time I actually finished a damn book.
-working out. If you want results, you've got to do work.
-planning my sister's bridal shower. Cause that's in a month. So yeah.
-actually putting effort into my job. (instead of looking busy while surfing facebook)
-catching up on some movies I've wanted to watch
-doing a HUGE spring cleaning of my apartment.

And probably a lot of other things.

So facebook and I are breaking up. Because facebook is a needy bitch who takes up all my free time. Sorry facebook, it's not you, it's me. Maybe, in time, we can still be friends.

Facebook, like my over-eating and over-drinking was just another bad habit. Another part of my addictive personality. And since I'm cutting all excess out for a little while, it had to go too. Yeah it sucks. I already feel so disconnected from my friends, and facebook will mean I will pretty much talk to no one for the next 30 days. Which is sad. But! Everyone was so supportive about this whole blogging/weight loss adventure I'm on, I hope they all follow it on here and keep me updated on the latest facebook haps and relationship status changes, so I'll be ready when I get back out there. Don't forget I'm still out here guys! Post lots of comments so I know if anybody is even listening.

I guess that's it for today. I think I might post some video updates, maybe once a week as well, so you guys can see any progress I make. I also think I might try posting how this insane-o diet is going on a daily basis, so you can follow along at home.



Week One: 260 lbs.
Breakfast: Vanilla shake with chocolate protein (mixed with 8oz. skim milk)
Lunch: Cheerios with 1 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup of raspberries
Dinner: Vanilla shake with chocolate protein (mixed with 80z. water)
Snack: 20 unsalted almonds and 1 cup of blueberries

Also: 8 8oz. glasses of water
2 8oz. glasses of raspberry green tea
1 8oz. glass of water w/aloe shot
3 multivitamins
2 cell activator supplements

Excercise: none?

2 comments:

  1. OMG i would die!!!!! thats like no food! but, I do need to drink more water, no lie.

    Keep it up :)

    You should totally make it up to Worcester for a hike now! I don't work weekends anymore and you know you want the exercise! and you can meet David :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try almond milk too as a mix for the shakes. It's good stuff!

    ReplyDelete