Friday, March 30, 2012

011: The Hunger Games

So I know it's technically Saturday (day 12) but I am determined to do a post a day, so I must finish this post before bed. You can expect another today (tomorrow? today).

Today was the busiest day I've had in my diet so far. It was rough. Normally I can plan out my meals and snacks and while I am ALWAYS busy, I also make sure I have enough time to keep all my ducks in a row. I think that's important.

However, today I had work. then I had to go to Boston for a meeting with my producer and the label people, which was awesome! They are pretty adamant about me not using any friends, since they think hiring session performers to be my backing band will be more sufficient. I was kind of bummed about that, since I think I would be more comfortable with some friends to take along with me on this adventure, but que sera sera. Session musicians it is. We begin pre-production at the end of june and will be laying down tracks before the end of summer 2012, with a November release date tentative. So that's exciting.

But then on the way home, I hit massive traffic, and tried to go around it and got lost. Plus, we had a HUGE parent event at work tonight and I had to pick up supplies for that. The whole day was just constant running around. I'm pretty proud that I stayed really close to my nutrition plan though. The only thing that probably wasn't great was the subway sandwich that I had for lunch instead of my nice organic chicken and field greens that I had waiting for me at home. Oh well. At least I didn't eat any pizza at our parent event. You do what you can.

It's getting easier to be social without food. Tonight, I went to see The Hunger Games with Matt and Mike from work. Hah, hunger games. It just occurred to me how the title (alone- the movie actually has pretty little to do with actually being physically hungry in your stomach) sort of relatesto me! Still getting pretty bad hunger pangs, but they are fewer and far between. I have to say, I think it's the first time in maybe ever that I've gone to a movie and not gotten popcorn and soda. It was a little weird at first, but it was also nice not having to get up in the middle of the movie to pee. So that was a plus.

So all in all, this was a pretty rough week, very taxing emotionally and physically. And maybe there was potential for me to do better. But I did the best I could in the situations I was in, and I am pretty darn happy with that.

Oh, and I lost another 2-4 lbs (my mother couldnt remember how far her scale was off).
So that brings the total to 10/12 lbs in 12 days. I think that's just fine with me.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Jenny! So proud of you on your music career and your life plan! The blog reminded me of something my nutritionist said to me last year in relation to food at social events and holidays: "Let the people be your banquet." Forgive the paraphrasing of that, but it's pretty self-explanatory nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to bed before you wrote this and even though I didn't get a chance to check all day, I was saddened to see there was no new post. But super happy that you did actually post!!

    Awesome about your music :) I remember when you said you were just a song writer......

    12 pounds??? AWESOME!!! keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete