Monday, March 26, 2012

007: The herbalife cult

8 pounds in 7 days.

Hell. Effing. Yes.

And the best part is, I feel fantastic. I know I will eventually hit a plateau where it won't be so easy and I will surely be frustrated, but I haven't yet. Right now it's immensely easy. I've been following my meal plan so closely, there's really no room for anything but success. Which is an awesome feeling, after failing at this for so long.

Yesterday, my coach, Josh, had a shake party at his swanky loft apartment. There were tons of delicious herbalife recipes, to try, and I had a great time meeting people who are on the same product. All of them were skinny though! Most of them just use one shake a day as a way to maintain their weight. One woman has been on herbalife for thirteen years! It was really amazing and inspiring to meet people who have been through the struggle that I'm going through right now, and have seen the results and come out on the other side. They were all so supportive and nice!

Some of them were talking about the "cult" reputation that herbalife has. Well whatever. I will join a cult that will make it this easy to lose weight. No question.

Short update today. Again, I'm sort of staying away from social situations for a while, so it leads to a lot of boring workout talk, and naval gazing. Food and body image are two huge struggles for me, and something that has affected my life in such a big way. It's nice to feel like things are FINALLY going to be different for me, and that my life is going to change and improve so greatly. Aside from being less likely to fall into all the health complications everyone else in my family goes through, I will also be more confident, save more money, and it will definitely have an affect on my dating and my music, both of which are really image based. I've tried so many different things over the last like... 10 years. It's just great to find something that finally feels like a good fit.

And here's the score card for those who are interested.

Week2: 252lbs
Breakfast: shake in milk with protein powder. green tea.
Lunch: shake in water with protein powder. green tea.
Snack: herbalife snack bars/pies/etc.
Dinner: Lemon pepper chicken tenderloin, 1/3 cup whole wheat pasta, 1/8 pasta sauce, 1 small cucumber, sliced.
Also 1 aloe shot, 3 multivitamins, 1 cell activator, 1b12 supplement, 8 80z. glasses of water

Excercise: 45 minutes cardio, 30 minutes abs/weights

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job Jen! And I know you think it's easy, and I don't want to disagree, but acknowledge that YOU are doing the hard work, though you may be finding the motivate easy to come by. YOU are doing the hard work of maintaining the diet and exercising every day. Be proud of that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just went to post something on your wall....figured I'd post it here. I'm not sure that it fits your diet but figured I'd share http://laidbackfitness.com/2012/03/25/the-latest-and-greatest-smoothie-creation/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely check it out, thanks for the heads up! And I know I am definitely working, but it just feels easier. Before the work felt really really hard. Does that make any sense?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait until your clothing is all loose and you start feeling fabulous in your skin because YOU know that YOU've come so far. It took me about 30lbs to get that self esteem but it was amazing when I realized that I was PROUD of how I looked.

    ReplyDelete