Tuesday, July 24, 2012

053: Totally radical far out!

Well, I've made it through almost two full days of this new diet, and I've got to say, it's a lot more low maintenance than last time. I am not really counting or measuring anything out, which is a great feeling. And a lot of the suggestions my coach gave me have been incredibly helpful. (Marie has struggled with a lot of the same shortcomings as me- like being picky about veg and protein, and hating to cook- so she had some cool solutions.)

Firstly, I eat on a pretty rigid schedule. I actually have alarms set in my phone that go off and remind me to grab something to eat, no matter how busy I am. I eat every three hours. Since I did this before and my diet thrived with this kind of accountability, I figured I'd food diary it up so you can sort of see what I've been consuming. Here goes:

7/23/12
7:00am- Breakfast (herbalife shake and herbalife tea)
11:00am- Lunch (herbalife shake, unsalted almonds, and carrot sticks)
2:30pm- Snack (oikos raspberry organic greek yogurt)
7:00pm- Dinner (purdue grilled chicken, carrot sticks, 1/2 cup whole wheat ziti)

And water to drink, with everything. Water water waterwaterwater.

Couple of things: I'm not really hungry every three hours, but I figured it can't hurt to keep up the schedule and see what happens.

Marie suggested that I prep a whole ton of chicken ahead of time so I don't have to cook when I get home (since it's pretty much the last thing I want to do after 12 hours of work.) However, my oven is completely broken. STILL. Which sucks. I need to get on Arnold (my adorable 85 year old russian super- have I mentioned how much I love my new apartment) about getting it fixed. So I can't even prep chicken. I bought these pre-cooked purdue shortcut grilled chicken things and nuked one in the microwave last night.

It was maybe one of the most disgusting things I've ever eaten. I do not recommend this unless you like eating overly salty strangly mushy/slimy chicken. Gross gross gross. But I managed to choke down 8oz of it. Yuck.

That's anotehr thing I learned. I'm not eating nearly enough protein. Do you know how much 8oz of chicken is? Let me tell you, It's a shit ton. It's 3 servings from that box of purdue short cuts. But again, I figured I'd give it a shot.

What IS great about all that chicken is that I wasn't hungry at all last night for a late night snack (which is a problem I have. I feel like it's not good for your digestion to eat a pint of ice cream 15 minutes before bed). And I wasn't hungry when I woke up at the crack of dawn today to get ready for camp.

I had to get up earlier today because it was GENERATION DAY! at our camp. My group had the 80's which I was incredibly happy about. I didn't even mind getting up at 5am to crimp my hair and do my makeup.

Usually I HATE things like this. Costumes, in my opinion, tend to be just an excuse for skinny girls to dress like whores and chubby girls to feel uncomfortable. Take halloween for example. You've got the slutty cat, the slutty nurse, the slutty cop and so on. What do they have in plus size costumes?

I'll tell you what they've got. Pumpkin. Clown. and Nun. All of which come with their own theme moo-moo. It's pretty effing annoying.

However, today, I actually felt good in my costume (which is an amazing feeling) and I won best dressed staff member for the whole camp. Which was awesome.

I don't really have a point to this, except that for the first time in a while I didn't feel like a fat chick in a costume. And if this diet plan continues to be as easy to stick to, it's only going to get better, right?

Oh, and here's some awesome 80's pictures:


This is my co-counselor and my 2 junior counselors. Aren't we like totally tubular?

Let's get physical! (Please note that 95 percent of my costume is care of my uber hipster 80's addict roommate)


6 comments:

  1. Go to your parents house and cook a week's worth of chicken. Or....buy a forman grill. Especially if it's just little things like that and it will also be easier to clean probably.

    eating less, more frequently, is definitely the way to go. Keep up the good work!! and thanks for writing :)

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grilled a ton of chicken breasts this week, pre measured them out into 6.5-7oz portions and baggied them. It worked out great! But I'm thinking I might get a forman grill too. Good idea darlin!

      Delete
  2. George Foremans are great!
    Also, check out the Trader Joes chicken cutlets. Back when I ate chicken I really liked those. Plus they're cheaper than Perdue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check those out, thanks darlin!

      Delete
  3. The foreman grill is a great suggestion and I am so happy to see how well you are doing!!! Great job with all the protein Jenny!! :)
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular post is worth everyone's attention. How will I find out more? http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete