Saturday, July 28, 2012

056: Moment of truth...

Sorry for disappearing for a bit, blog buddies. There just was not much to report yesterday around blog time ( I tend to write early in the morning).  Plus I was exhausted from the night of drinking and dancing that occurred the night before. I decided that Thursday night will have to count as my cheat night, since there was absolutely no nutritional value to the insane amount of shots I took with my co-workers. I am from the school of thought that when someone buys you a shot, you take it.

It was a really strange experience.I haven't really had any alcohol aside from the odd cider/glass of wine here or there since april. It was kind of humbling. I used to be able to party a lot harder when I was heavier and drinking more regularly. But 3 or 4 shots and 2 mixed drinks later, it was like I was hit by a mack truck. Luckily, I don't think I retained many of those calories for long, if you get what I'm saying. Puke city, population me.

I guess that's how drunkness works for skinny people. You don't need to drink as much, for sure. Learning my new limits is going to be an experience, for sure. I've never been this size and been able to drink (and when I was younger, I didn't drink illegally, since I was pretty sure my mom would find out. I was never lucky with stuff like that)

Yesterday was a strange experience too. My hangover wasn't quite as abysmal as it should have been, which was strange. I guess it's because I didn't compound things by eating pancakes/fried food at 2am. I always thought that would make things better, but I guess not. Who knew?

And now I'm waiting for my coach to show up so we can do our first weigh and measure. Little does she know that I totally already weighed myself, and since my last weigh in with josh (where I had gained 9 lbs in a month) I have....

LOST. TEN. POUNDS.

That's right kids. I lost all the weight I had gained in 3 weeks. And then another pound for good measure. FUCKIN A.

I took a break from typing to do a victory dance. Now I'm back. The really crazy thing is that last week I didn't manage what I was eating at all. Even sunday, after my meeting with marie, I had one last pizza board game night with my roommate. So, as far as I can tell, I lost 10 lbs in a week. That's more than I've ever lost before. And I really didn't struggle as much as I was struggling before.

I think the solution has been protein. It's filled me up more than carbs, and apparently it's better for me. That, and I walk every day for work. Lots of walking. So I don't really have to think about working out. Protein and walking. Those are two changes I can totally commit to.

4 comments: