Thursday, July 26, 2012

055: White girl wasted

Hey out there!
So first of all, thanks for the tips about losing my hair. I think the biggest thing I read was not to stress out about it (since that's going to make it worse). It's going to be hard, but I'm going to try not to.

Yesterday was awesome. First of all, at work, I ran about 5 blocks to catch up to my group after dropping off a very angry little girl at our home base. I didn't even need to stop (though when I did catch up I kind of felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest). I never would have been able to do that 6 months ago, so it was a pretty awesome feeling.

Then My friend Jeff is visiting from cali and we went to Panera, where I wisely chose a green tea and fruit cup instead of a pizza or cookie and a smoothie. I was pretty happy with that. So yesterday, my food intake was as follows:

7:00am- Herbalife shake and tea
11:15am- Herbalife shake and tea, peach, unsalted almonds
2:30pm- Oikos strawberry yogurt
4:30pm- Green tea and fruit cup
7:00pm- 6.5 oz grilled chicken, carrot sticks, 1/2 cup of whole wheat pasta and 2 tbsp tomato sauce

I feel full and great, and I have had more energy and just felt better the last few days, in general. It feels SO good to be back on track.

Today was a little bit of a curve ball. I was presented with a really stressful situation at work, and I didn't sleep well last night, so I'm finding myself sort of craving those go to foods. That, paired with the fact that I am starved for out of work social interaction and my co-workers have planned a really fun karaoke event tonight, all ads up to one thing:

I wanna get white girl wasted tonight.

This is a conundrum, though. I love to go out and drink socially. I don't even drink that much. But we all know how many calories and carbs there are in most alcoholic beverages. I am also, unfortunately, a pretty girly drinker. I tend to stick to fruity beverages with soda chasers and cider (which is a whopping 200 calories a bottle).

This will be the first time I've gone out for drinks since my sisters wedding (which was in May). Since then I've had a cider here or there, but not really gone to any events that were specifically centered around alcohol. It's going to be a challenge (as usual) not to order what I want. Which is unfair. I want to know how all those skinny bitches on spring break drink so many daquiris and don't end up looking like the mom from "What's Eating Gilbert Grape".  Just another one of life's injustices.

I think tonight I will stick to red wine. I have heard a glass or two of red can actually be good for you, and isn't such a bad thing in moderation.

...jagermeister's not high in calories if you drink it straight, right?

8 comments:

  1. Water and wine will probably be just fine. I don't know how many calories/sugar but I love a cran/oj/pineapple mixer non alcoholic drink. or seltzer and cranberry or something.

    And I wouldn't know how all those skinny bitches drink all those daquiries....I only drink 1-2 drinks at a time and sparsely.

    Have a great time and I'd hate to hear that you skipped karaoke!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did mixed drinks with cranberry juice instead of soda. It worked pretty well. And there was no karaoke, alas. :( I was as disappointed as I'm sure you are, lol

      Delete
  2. Actually, studies have proven that one glass of wine a day is good for your heart. Particularly in women. Especially good since heart disease is the #1 cause of death in women. Not to sound morbid there lol! Personally, I'm more of a Gin and Tonic kinda girl, and I love my Brandy. :-P But make no mistake I'm a serious wine lover and can easily drink a whole bottle and be fine no problem. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you 'double fist it" as Fox News said int heir lame report about responsible drinking LOL! Though their definition and mine of that term are very very different! What they mean is make sure you have your alcoholic drink in one hand, and a bottle of water in the other. I always always always do that, it's the best thing for you and it keeps you hangover free. Just make sure you know your limit, or you will deff regret it in the AM LOL! Have fun and let loose lady! You earned it :-D

    <3
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried gin or brandy but I generally don't love brown liquors. I should drink more red wine though, for sure.

      Delete
  3. There's always rum and diet coke....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. diet coke still has a lot of sugar though, doesn't it? The one thing I've been able to stick to with my diet is giving up soda completely.

      Delete
  4. ok on to the truth. ALL alcohol has 7 cal per gram in just the straight alcohol. so your average one ounce shot of pure vodka,gin,rum etc will run you ABOUT 70 Cal a piece. try mixing with soda water(club) and fresh squeezed fruit. Silver tequila is always a good option as well. have them make you a skinny girl. no sour mix, just lemon,lime, and oranges squeezed in. 200 cal for such a large bottle of cider isnt awful. a vodka and cran will run you about 175 per drink. wine is usually around 90-120 per glass...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So basically there's no way around the calories. Thanks for this information, I had no idea about most of this!

      Delete