Thursday, May 3, 2012

038: The trainer problem continues

Today. Sucked.

I wanted to go to the gym today but when I woke up, my back and legs were KILLING me. I could barely move. It's only gotten worse as the day has gone on. The little girl I work with was actually mocking how I walked today, because it was so funny and pathetic. The only relief I got was when I had ice or heat on my legs, and then it didn't last long. So getting on an eliptical wasn't really an option.

It's starting to sink in that maybe this is not my fault. I wonder how many other out of shape people are injured and abused by trainers who have probably never been heavy in thier lives and don't know how to train someone who isn't already in shape. I mean we didn't even stretch before the workout. My leg muscles are really pulled, and I really hope tomorrow with some ibuprofen that I can work out. I can't miss another day.

Today was also just really stressful. Wedding stuff. All hell breaking loose at work. And as usual I resorted to some less than healthy eating to get through the really crappy day. It just wasn't a day for a salad. I really hope I can make up for it in time for the weigh in on sunday. I really would like to, at worst, stay the same. And I feel like going to the gym is pretty important to that goal.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry Jen. Have a better day today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks maggie! and thanks for the card. It was seriously just what I needed this week to press on.

      Delete
  2. You know you're being hard on yourself, right? I would give yourself however long your body needs to feel better and just accept it, rather than feeling down that you can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing is, if I leave it up to my body, I probably wouldnn't ever go to the gym or eat in a healthier way. Mind over matter, right?

      Delete