Wednesday, May 9, 2012

041: Back to reality after a vacation from life.

Well kids, I am back from Wedding land. After my weigh in on Sunday, I sort of gave in to the wedding whirlwind.  I had a great time. My sister was a beautiful bride. Everyone had a wonderful time, and, might I add, a lot of people are starting to notice all the work I've been putting in. Plus , my pants are officially insanely big on me. Which sucks, since I am sort of between sizes at the moment,  but I still think a shopping trip, at least for pants, is around the corner. And I'm going to get pants altered, except for one pair which I'm going to keep as my "before pants". 

So I pretty much took a 3 day vacation from obsessing over food and calories and portions. It was really nice to turn that part of my brain off for three days, but I think it will probably affect my weigh in a little. Lets see, there was:

Rehearsal dinner= delicious food (that wasn't on my diet) and some pinot grigio
Day of the Wedding= lots of running around (and as a result, a trip to the drive-thru)
Wedding= Champagne, Champagne, Champagne, Pinot, Pinot, Pinot, cake, candies, and a delicious buffet (that wasn't on my diet)
Day after the wedding= Hangover foods and lots of napping (and thusly not much working out)

Which brings us to today, which is me starting back up on herbalife. I thought about going to the gym today, but since I am meeting with my trainer tomorrow (and since I pretty dutifully went to the gym on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and danced my shrinking butt off on Monday night), I felt that a day off was in order.  I am, instead, going to clean my very messy room and organize my closet and bookshelves. (Who am I kidding? By "clean and organize", I mean I'm going to read and watch trashy tv on Hulu.)

Also worth noting this week, I am trying to put together a social group for my female blogger friends (and non-blogger friends) who are trying to slim down. I feel like it will be nice to have a group of girls to get together with for fun adventures who know what each other is going through. Plus I love introducing people to new friends. I'm pretty excited.

I guess that's it for now. I thought I would have more to say, but hulu and the hunger games are waiting for me. :)

Before and after pictures will be happening literally the second I get some HQ wedding photos.



2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be surprised if your results are better than you thought they'd be. Your metabolism will probably go into overdrive to compensate for the change in your daily routine. PS You look slammin' in the non HQ wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally laughed out loud at: (Who am I kidding? By "clean and organize", I mean I'm going to read and watch trashy tv on Hulu.)
    Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the wedding, you deserve it and you're looking great. :)

    ReplyDelete