Wednesday, May 23, 2012

047: A hodgepodgey update

I know my blog posts have become more sporadic. And for that I apologize. It just seems that I have less to say these days. I mean how many times can you write "So I feel like crap and I have no appetite/drive to work out". In short, I have been fighting a lingering cold for a while, and that with the stress of the last few weeks have just left me tapped out and blah for so long, I didn't see the point of writing.

And for that I apologize too.

Rather than go into some ridiculous long winded rambling about the last couple of days, let me just touch on some bullet points.

Saturday (5/19/12)- Had my healthy potluck/game night. It was great to see all the ladies, who are all doing AMAZINGLY. (is amazingly a word? It is now!) It was really cool because everyone is trying different things and getting results. I guess something different works for everyone. We agreed to do another one next month and have it be a spa night. I love this idea. Manicures are my favorite thing.

Sunday (5/20/12)- Weigh and measure. Down another 6 lbs, which brings that total to 38lbs lost. That's right. Close to a third of the way there, kids. I was pretty excited, although a little perplexed, since I lost almost no inches. Where did those 6 lbs come from?

Monday (5/21/12) Went shopping for clothes at Old Navy, since my pants are literally falling off me. I managed to completely miss the time when a size 18 fit me. Now those are too big and I'm once again between sizes. Between a 16 and a 18. This is exciting though, because I have not been a size 16 since my senior year of high school. And heres the thing, normal sized friends who have never been heavy. A 14/16 is the difference, looks wise, and shopping wise, between "Obese can't buy clothes anywhere" and "Normal fat". "Normal fat" means I'm heavy and still have work to do, but I'm starting to sort of merge into that majoritty of women who are not ever going to be a size 2. I'm pretty excited about that prospect.

Tuesday (5/22/12) Caveman training at Laidback Fitness!  Ryan had me do some crazy stuff that day that has left me bruised up a bit, blistered up a bit, and with sore upper arms, but still an awesome workout. I did things that I never thought I could have the strength to do. By the time I am done with this whole losing weight thing, I am also going to be pretty deisel jacked. That's right. I will have muscles on my muscles and I'm pretty okay with that. A HUGE fear of mine is losing all this weight and having all that super unsightly loose skin everywhere. Working out is pretty essential to avoiding the whole sailboat arm thing that people tend to get. And as workouts go, this one is pretty tops. If you're looking for a personal training type situation and you live in the 401, I totally recommend this. Like I said. Muscles on top of muscles.

So today I really stuck to my herbalife diet more closely than I have in the last couple of days. I am really trying to get back on track. I think part of that will be writing down all of my food choices once again. I think consciously making a note of what I'm eating will greatly help me.

And, you know, since I love challenging myself, I'm going on a vacation for memorial day. I'm going to New York to spend time with one of my absolute best friends. Usually this means burgers, giant smoothies, takeout, and lots of vegging around. Last year I was in such bad shape I couldn't even really handle the walking around the city part. And this weekend it's supposed to rain. I'm going to bring my herbalife with me and really really try to stick to it on Saturday and Monday (keeping Sunday as my fun cheating day). But it's going to be tough since there are a lot of delicious things I can only get in New York that I miss terribly. Namely Jambajuice. I want a giant strawberry smoothie like it's my job. I'm just going to have to trek like 400 blocks to justify it.

I'm also going to really really try to get back into blogging daily, even if it's just my food intake and a couple of sentences. I think I was doing better when I was answering to all of you, dont you agree? And in the face of bathing suit season starting in a couple of weeks, it's crunch time!

1 comment:

  1. Waiting patiently for more blog posts! Hope you had fun in NY!

    ReplyDelete