Friday, April 6, 2012

018: A scary moment.

So yesterday I hit the gym hard. With all my might. I'm talking 9 minute miles on the elliptical for an hour, then 120 reps of just about everything (except crunches, which I did 500 of). I left the gym feeling like I had found the solution to my plateau- just. push. harder. I felt diesel! I felt invincible!

And sweaty. I also felt very very sweaty.

So I went home and hit the showers. That's when things got a little scary. I stooped over to pick up my shapoo/conditioner and all of a sudden the whole room was spinning. The vision at my periphery got really fuzzy and seemed to shake. Then started to go black. I sat down at the bottom of the shower and in a few moments I was fine. Except I also felt really nauseated. So I hurriedly finished my shower and then went and drank a lot of water, and made my lunch shake.

It was the only thing I'd had to eat and drink since my breakfast shake. And maybe this is my body telling me this is too much. But if so, that's not fair. This should be enough. And to make matters worse, I weighed myself yesterday and I have only lost a pound this week. 1 stupid. measly. stinking. pound. What the eff is that, body? I have been following this diet and excercise plan so strictly. I have been literally working my ass off and making myself fairly miserable in the process. It's only fair for all that work I'm putting in that this should work, right?

Anyway. Thanks again to everybody for reading! Your suggestions were great ones. I think I am going to try Sara P's couch to 5k program. I wanted to do a 5k in June anyway, since my organization is having one. So that should work out perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. Talk to your program about carbs that you can eat before you go to the gym for that kind of a workout. your body needs energy, and there is probably something you will be "alloed" to eat that will help you. I think lack of food contributed to your dizziness. Also, possibly too much too fast, not saying you can't work that hard.

    I think that 13 pounds in 14 days was fantastic! It's ok if your third week is a little low. It'll come back up. take stock in the progress you HAVE made and keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete