Friday, April 20, 2012

031: Reflections at one month!

Well, kids. It's been a very interesting month. My weigh and measure is tomorrow, and it stands to reason I would at least lose a little. I am weighing in super early tomorrow because my sister's bachelorette party and bridal shower are both tomorrow. It's expensive, and time consuming. I hate throwing parties. It's too much pressure for everything to go perfectly.

You know what I do when I'm stressed out?
I eat!

But over the course of this month, so much has changed. I'm not hungry so I don't feel the need to eat. And even if I did I wouldnt want to ruin all this progress on the day before my weigh and measure just because I'm stressed.

Yesterday I got to hang out with my friend michelle. We had a girls night, which consisted of facials, manicures, pedicures, chick flicks... you know, the works. We have perfected this over the years, and usually it includes a pint of ben and jerry's ice cream... each. It's funny, how we do things like that and never think about how bad it is for our bodies, you know?

Last night I am proud to say I DID cheat on my super strict diet- by having some of the fruit that I'm not supposed to eat because it has natural sugars in it. That's right. I cheated on watermelon, grapes, strawberries, and pineapples. And I was really really pleased with that compromise, you know?

Changing my eating habits is just one thing I'm learning with herbalife. I'm learning strength and perserverence that I didn't know I had. I'm learning who my real friends are, including some people I didn't even know gave a crap about me. I'm learning to think positively and relish in those compromises and those small successes that are just tiny pieces of the big picture.

I guess what it all comes down to is  that while it's only been a month, it feels like it's been way more time than that, since I've changed so much about my life in that time. I like it, and I like that feeling of knowing I'm never going back.

2 comments:

  1. Im so proud of you Jen!! Congrats on the one month! I can't wait to hear your numbers, they're gonna be awesome! After all this hard work you've put in, I know you'll never go back :) ---Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really proud of you Jen. I think the fruit is the perfect cheat! Keep up the good work, I'm glad you are getting so much out of it :)

    ReplyDelete