Monday, April 23, 2012

032: dress fittings, cheat weekend, and the walk of dimes!

Holy smokes. It's been so long since I've blogged that I almost forgot how to do it.

So firstly, the weigh in. I, not suprisingly, lost only 1 pound and 4 inches, which brings my total to 24lbs and 27 inches lost. I was mildly disappointed and then I remembered that I didn't stay the same or gain any weight, so it wasn't a total loss. And my coach was still really optimistic. He says this will happen. I suppose if this is what a plateau looks like and I've still managed to lose weight, then I should be pleased, you know?

Anyway, after my weigh in began a weekend of absolute debauchery and bad decision making on my part. Think of the movie The Hangover except more boring because my life is not a movie. There was so much foods and alcohol consumption over the next two days that I don't even want to think about the caloric consequences of my actions. Needless to say, I will be hitting the gym VERY hard over the next two weeks in order to recover from it.

Am I disappointed in myself? No. It was my little sister's bachelorette party. In theory, this will only happen one time in her life. She had a great time, I had a great time. That's all that really matters. I feel like, while this journey definitely means changing my habits and being more conscious of what I am putting into my body, if I spend my whole life obsessing over every calorie, my life is still going to be passing me by.

Anyway. Then I had a dress fitting for the wedding. This is the first time I've gotten a negative response about losing so much weight and dropping 2 full dress sizes. She legit YELLED at me not to lose any more weight before the wedding (advice I am obviously not going to follow) and was a total bitch about the insane amount of alterations she had to do.

Which is funny because when I bought the dress and wanted to get it a size smaller, because the smaller size almsot fit and I was going to lose weight, I was looked up and down and then told in a condescending tone "Well it's easier to take it in than it is to let it out. So get this size."

Oh ye of little faith. Get sewing, bitch.

Anyway. The bachelorette party got me thinking about the nightlife scene and why I hate it so much. However, this thought is going to have to wait since I have a lot of working out to do tomorrow morning and it is already way past my bedtime. However, look forward to less sporadic posts in the coming days, since I feel I have neglected you for far too long!

Oh! And one last thing. I am participating in the march of dimes baby walk 2012. I am pretty excited about it. For one thing, it's great excercise, and for another, it's a great cause. So many babies are born with birth defects, and since it has touched the lives of some of the people I know, I am glad to do whatever I can to help. Ia m trying to raise 200 dollars, so if you, my supportive blog readers, would like to lend your support to me, adn to this worthwhile organization by sponsoring me with a flat rate tax deductible pledge, please do so <a href="http://marchforbabies.org/personal_page.asp?pp=4439678&ct=4&w=5646977&u=jlindseywhite">HERE!</a>

With that I am off for the night. Zumba and maybe a tanning adventure in the morning. Egads!

10 comments:

  1. She should have listened. What a jerk. It would have been so hard for me to not say, "Thanks a lot deuceface." Actually I would have said it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha unfortunately, I am not that quick of a thinker. And I don't quite have the balls that you do, derby girl. ;)

      Delete
  2. Jen! thats awesome. You didn't have to say anything to the dress lady, your actions said it all :)
    Everything in moderation, nothing wrong with a little partying when appropriate. in fact, I've gotten really good at ordering rootbeer when going out, just because I like it better than alcohol. I used to drink mostly because others were, I care less about it now. You're doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My only complaint about this blog post is that it wasn't titled "Get sewing, bitch." because that, Jenny Dubbs is a brilliant line and is worthy of a scene in a movie. I'm so proud of you! I look forward to hearing about your next fitting when your dress is needed to be taken in even more due to your being awesome and going full out accomplishing your goals during this 2012: The year of Jenny. I also look forward to your response to alterations lady, if this were a movie it might be titled Get Sewing Again, Bitch. You inspire me more and more with each post and it is how I like to end my night, because it motivates me for the next day. You're fantastic and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I titled it before I wrote it. Maybe I will edit! Because that is my favorite line in this entry. YOU are fantastic, and I look forward to reading your blog about your life changing year. Get posting, sir!

      Delete
  4. I finally figured out how to comment....lol

    I'm glad you had a fun weekend....you deserve it with all the hard work you are putting in! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks darlin! We've got to get together soon.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Lol why thank you. If only I had thought to say it in that moment.

      Delete
  6. hahahahhaha I agree--epic. I bought some pants back in Dec b/c the size smaller was just a titsch too small and the now the size i have is too big to wear. Suckage...

    ReplyDelete