Wednesday, April 18, 2012

030: Spring has sprung!

Today my allergies and being run down from these horrid 11 hour days has definitely started to get to me. I need to be asleep NOW. But I was determined to get this one little blog in before I pass out.

Today I ventured out to a providence knitting group hosted by my friend Jake and Sarah ( of the 20/40 project ). It was nice. I almost didn't make it since, unlike in the old days, I couldn't just run through a drive through after work to get my foods. Especially since I wasn't all that active today, so sticking to the diet is paramount. Instead I had to actually go home and spend time cooking, eating, and cleaning up a healthy meal. Being healthy is really time consuming.

It was great to get out into a social setting that wasn't all about food and drink. Instead it is about knitting (at which I am a total beginner compared to these people, but I enjoyed it the same) and talk about everything. I tried not to be too boring and talk only about working out and dieting, which is kind of all I have going on right now.

Somehow the topic got on this one person I loathe. There are not many people I loathe, but she would be atop the list. She was absolutely heinous to me for no reason whatsoever, except that she is probably a really heinous human being. And it got me to thinking about all of those people in my life. All of those people who have made me miserable in the past, and how, just like with my eating, I gave them so much power in my life. I have let people control my moods by being consumed with earning their approval when they were never going to give it to me in the first place.

A friend and reader of this blog sent me a message about cutting negative family members out of her life and hwo it positively impacted her life, and I said I didn't thiink I was brave enough to do it. But maybe I am ready to take the control back in all aspects of my life. If I cut that one heinous person out (and I did) then surely I can do it again, right?

4 comments:

  1. Eddie would have some insight into cutting family members out of his life. I'm not confident he'd be willing to talk about it, but it's absolutely worth a try. you can tell him I suggested you reach out to him if you want to. Message him privately on facebook. He has asked about you, I think he'd appreciate hearing from you.

    I don't know so much about cutting people out, as much as accepting that certain things aren't going to change and like you said, not letting them control you. I also take an active part in telling this person when they are doing something I don't appreciate.

    Eating healthy is time consuming. Eating at all is time consuming, one reason why sometimes I rarely eat, and eat now mainly because David cooks for me everyday....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I emailed you this last night but...
    GIRL, YOU LOOK FREEKIN' SKINNY!!!
    Thanks so much for hanging out with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it! You are doing all these wonderful things for yourself and if other people are hindering your journey they are not worth being a part of your life family or not. Plus it could have an even better outcome than you could possibly imagine like it did for me. Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just up late thinking about how there are people who have so much power over how I feel about myself, weird. It's always nice to know other people go through the same things.

    ReplyDelete