Saturday, April 7, 2012

020: Zumba kicks our heroine's ass

So, since I've last blogged, i've been to the gym twice. I went to work out last night, which was awesome since the girl's gym was empty so it was like I had my own private space to work out. Not waiting for the ab machine made wasting my friday night all the more worth it.

Then, this morning, I went to a Zumba class. I was a little apprehensive, since I haven't been to a group ex class in like... years. I have been letting that hold me back since I started going to the gym. It's the same as making the excuse that you are too fat to go to the gym. I didn't want a room full of judgy women watching me struggle with aerobic dance moves. When I'm fitter. I procrastinated endlessly. But today was the day.

And, not suprisingly, I struggled. 10 minutes in I wasn't even sure I would finish. But I did. I messed up my knee a bit, but I did. Old ladies were moving twice as fast and twice as hard as me, but I finished. And it will only get easier. Plus, I love zumba. Who knew shimmying could be a valid form of excercise?

Anyway. Then I went to my coach's studio to weigh in. After 3 weeks I am down 20 pounds and 13 total inches. Which is kind of amazing.

Fuck that. It's REALLY amazing. I'm hoping that by the end of the first month, I will be down 30 pounds. Then I will be three times further than I thought I'd be at the end of the firstmonth. But even if I'm not, I am still so far ahead. I'm so so happy. I cannot say enough good things about herbalife. It's making such huge changes in my life. And while some days are a struggle, it's days like this that make me realize how worth it it is going to be!

Now I am off to celebrate with some delicious fellini's pizza.

4 comments:

  1. Girrrlll, 20lbs? That's amazing, you rock! And I love the part about shimmying being a form of exercise....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally commented on this last night....grrr. I have something for you though....http://news.discovery.com/human/women-exercise-orgasm-120319.html

    30 lbs in 3 weeks is stellar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock!! Yay for inches lost as well as lbs!!
    Also, I really want to try zumba, thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete